- Recreation & Entertainment
- Ski Shops
Ski Apache, located in Mescalero, is New Mexico's premier ski and snowboard resort. We offer dozens of trails for skiers and snowboarders of all levels. Ski Apache invites you to visit our winter wonderland this season!
Summer gondola rides start and will continue every weekend through July and August until Labor Day.
As the country's southernmost ski area, Ski Apache offers the best warm-weather powder skiing in the world with snowmaking on 33% of the mountain. The slopes offer a mix of wide beginner slopes, tough bump runs, a huge bowl, nice cruising runs and a terrain park with jumps, tubes and rails. Here are just a few of the highlights:
* 55 runs served by 11 lifts
* New Mexico's only passenger gondola
* Free lift ticket with beginner group lessons
* All day ski instruction programs
* Vertical drop of 1,900 feet
* Top elevation is 11,500 feet
* Over 750 ski-able acres
* Annual snowfall over 15 feet!
Hwy 70 East to Sudderth (HWY 48). Turn left on Sudderth. Proceed approximately 3 miles on Sudderth to Mechem Drive. Turn right and proceed 5 miles to the Ski Run Road. Turn left and drive 11 miles.