Shop Small Saturday
History of Small Business Saturday
- In 2010, American Express created Small Business Saturday to encourage people to Shop Small, Shop Local, and bring more holiday shopping to small businesses.
- The day is the Saturday after Thanksgiving, between Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- In 2011, the Senate Unanimously passes a resolution in support of the day, and officials in all 50 states participate. It even gets a shout-out from the president of the United States.
- In an effort to support their local communities, organizations across the country sign up as Neighborhood Champions. These supporters bring their community together with events and activities on Small Business Saturday and throughout the year.
- During 2020 ? Small Business Saturday was a low-key event and not really pushed out.
- In 2018, NM made Small Business Saturday a tax-free holiday (see attached documentation)
- This year Small Business Saturday is November 26, 2022.
- Our goal: to have Small Business Saturday grow each year and bring more revenues to participating businesses.